Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Private Trips -Florida (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Need a charter boat or private boat to take bluewater trip to the 120 Buoy (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=142482)

Ryfish 03-27-2012 06:08 PM

Need a charter boat or private boat to take bluewater trip to the 120 Buoy

Hello All,

I have myself and 3 other experienced bluewater spearfisherman that are looking for a boat to take us out to the 120 buoy for some bluewater spearing. The 120 Buoy is weather buoy 120 Miles offshore of Cape Canaveral and it can be all time for bluewater hunting in the spring lots of MAhi Yellowfin tuna and wahoo. We have all done similar trips out of Venice LA for instance so we know what it takes for a trip like this.

Does any body know of a charter out of Port Canveral that would be up for a trip like this? Also if someone has a private boat they would like to take out there that would even better, and you obviously can hunt as well. We would pay what ever you think is fair if we use your boat, if we did a charter all cost would be split equally.

I have my boat down here in Palm Beach and would be willing to trade trips and help you learn bluewater freedive spearing if you haven't done it before.

Any help is appreciated as we have 4 guys that are willing to go and the spring is the best time for the tuna out there.

Feel free to shot me a PM or reply to this thread with any info.

Thanks!

grouperdude 03-27-2012 06:21 PM

Re: Need a charter boat or private boat to take bluewater trip to the 120 Buoy

I have been looking to do this trip for a while. I have a boat thats capable, but you would need to take a loan out on your house to afford the fuel!

Ryfish 03-27-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grouperdude (Post 1630315)
I have been looking to do this trip for a while. I have a boat thats capable, but you would need to take a loan out on your house to afford the fuel!

Haha yea a boat that is already there or at least have it trailerable to take it up there would help. I had a boat kind of lined up and it would have been sweet it was a 33 freeman cat.

I think a big CC 30ft or bigger mono or Cat would be perfect and cut down on the the costs.

Gary H 03-27-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grouperdude (Post 1630315)

Round trip should run about $1.000+ in fuel on a CC. You probably already know this, but will mention it anyway - borrow or rent a satelite phone, take a life raft, a serious first aid kit, an an EPRIB.

It's an awesome fish attracting device, but sure does get its fair share of large dolphin, YFT, wahoo, and sharks!

I've got a buddy that might charter out there on a 31' Cape Horn. I'll see him tomorrow ...

edit: dang, I almost forgot an HMS for the boat :)

Ryfish 03-27-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary H (Post 1630364)
Round trip should run about $1.000+ in fuel on a CC. You probably already know this, but will mention it anyway - borrow or rent a satelite phone, take a life raft, a serious first aid kit, an an EPRIB.

It's an awesome fish attracting device, but sure does get its fair share of large dolphin, YFT, wahoo, and sharks!

I've got a buddy that might charter out there on a 31' Cape Horn. I'll see him tomorrow ...

edit: dang, I almost forgot an HMS for the boat :)

Sounds good Gary let me know!

olrednec 03-29-2012 10:17 PM

http://offshorehustler.com This guy is a friend of mine and you could hook and line in between dives if you wanted to. His boat is fast and smooth riding and he will generally go anywhere if he has to

Ryfish 03-30-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olrednec (Post 1631540)
http://offshorehustler.com This guy is a friend of mine and you could hook and line in between dives if you wanted to. His boat is fast and smooth riding and he will generally go anywhere if he has to

That is the boat for a trip like this. Would he be able to trailer it over to Cape Canaveral?

hogphish 03-30-2012 12:20 PM

Thats a fine lookin' warsaw...cough..cough he has in his promo

SnappNasty 03-30-2012 06:11 PM

Captain Joe miller Mudslinger rod and reel charter guy. he has his stuff together cut him and he bleeds saltwater. out of Venice fl. talked to him today said he would take you and you guys. (941) 234-8088. is the number to book it www.fishgaloreoffshore.com for pics of boat fish and stuff.

justaboutwaves 04-04-2012 07:50 PM

Did you ever make it out? I went on 4/2 and saw another boat with some people free diving. If it was you, how did you do?

Ryfish 04-04-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnappNasty (Post 1631880)
Captain Joe miller Mudslinger rod and reel charter guy. he has his stuff together cut him and he bleeds saltwater. out of Venice fl. talked to him today said he would take you and you guys. (941) 234-8088. is the number to book it www.fishgaloreoffshore.com for pics of boat fish and stuff.

Venice is on the west coast would he trailer it to Cape Canaveral?

Ryfish 04-04-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justaboutwaves (Post 1634103)
Did you ever make it out? I went on 4/2 and saw another boat with some people free diving. If it was you, how did you do?

No it wasn't us. We are still looking for the right boat for the trip.

stevemc1 04-27-2012 07:03 AM

I know Joe Miller, and his boat is big, but that is a long, long tow. He is the best in this area for sure. Try to find someone in that area who has the capability.