Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box and Complaint Center (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   tapatalk (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=110523)

mselenaous 08-17-2010 09:10 PM

tapatalk

Please enable Tapatalk, the forum app for android phones.

I can easily follow many other diving/underwater hunting forums on my Droid, but not this one.

32Juan 09-04-2010 12:02 PM

Re: tapatalk

+1!

JuJuMan16 11-04-2010 08:20 AM

Come on guys, this is free! The people that bought this app are loving it, because they can look at all their forums from a single point. Not just spearfishing forums, all my other forums as well. This is very convenient since i cannot do this while at work anymore.

Please guys, at least respond.

AKA 11-04-2010 08:29 AM

+2

SBH20Man 12-15-2010 12:59 PM

+3 (and I suspect many many more!). Tapatalk server code is free and should be simple and safe to implement. I for one would be willing to even pay a reasonable premium as an SB member to have access from my mobile devices using Tapatalk.

Thanks!

SpearMax 12-16-2010 12:08 AM

I have been going back and forth with my software developer on this because vBulletin has been working on a mobile app which is close to release. May I ask what phones you guys are using for the Web?

SBH20Man 12-16-2010 12:14 AM

IPhone 4 and iPad.

AKA 12-16-2010 04:23 AM

iPhone 4

SpearMax 12-17-2010 12:56 AM

Any others?

SBH20Man 12-17-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpearMax (Post 1338065)
Any others?

I think you will find that 99% of the mobile users of things like SB will be iPhone users because most other platforms just dont work well enough for "complex" browsing. Also Tapatalk is an iPhone app; I'm not sure if there is a webkit version.

I'd type a more complete explanation, but I'm on my iPhone right now and it doesn't work that well with SpearBoard... :D

SpearMax 12-17-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBH20Man (Post 1338084)
I think you will find that 99% of the mobile users of things like SB will be iPhone users because most other platforms just dont work well enough for "complex" browsing. Also Tapatalk is an iPhone app; I'm not sure if there is a webkit version.

I'd type a more complete explanation, but I'm on my iPhone right now and it doesn't work that well with SpearBoard... :D

That is actually very good because the VBulletin app is for I-Phone right now. My software developer and I are looking seriously at implementing it. There seems to be positive feedback on the IPhone app that VBulletin is coming out with, but it is not yet available for Blackberry and may never be. On my new personal Blackberry Torch, the browser is so good, I can already use it like a full sized computer to interact with spearboard. I guess there are additional features using an app. that I might be missing.

SBH20Man 12-17-2010 01:48 AM

There are a lot of stats available about the growth rates and market share of smart phones. I don't have them handy but I'm sure you can find them easily. Bottom line, iPhone has a huge lead in user base, droid is tiny in comparison but growing rapidly. Blackberry is pretty much dead for this sort of thing, and nothing else matters.

SpearMax 12-17-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBH20Man (Post 1338101)
There are a lot of stats available about the growth rates and market share of smart phones. I don't have them handy but I'm sure you can find them easily. Bottom line, iPhone has a huge lead in user base, droid is tiny in comparison but growing rapidly. Blackberry is pretty much dead for this sort of thing, and nothing else matters.

The latest market share data as of a December 15, 2010 article shows:

Quote:

Right now the Apple iPhone and the RIM Blackberry are in a dead heat with each having a 27 percent share of the smartphone market. Smartphones with the Android operating system (OS) currently have a 22.7 percent share.

willembad 12-17-2010 08:04 AM

Tony,

Have you tried the tapatalk app for your phone? I believe it is available for all platforms, not just iPhone. Can not for the life of me understand what your or your IT guy's problem with it is. It's free and works for everyone :scratch:

Try it! I use it on my android phone and browse 12 different forums including other spearfishing/diving forums that "allows" its users to stay connected when not at a computer.

SBH20Man 12-17-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpearMax (Post 1338112)
The latest market share data as of a December 15, 2010 article shows:

For the purposes of this discussion, I suggest looking at app usage and web browsing rather than handset sales. From this perspective, the iPhone and even probably droid outstrip BB. Also look at growth rates (or in case of BB declines)

Overall smartphone market is growing and market share is being disrupted, too. Heck, I may even try a droid phone one of these days. /-)