Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   All About Guns (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A "speargun", but with a difference!!! (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=192907)

popgun pete 03-15-2017 05:18 PM

A "speargun", but with a difference!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multifunctio...3D252739978993

I had to look twice to believe what I was seeing.

FreediveCA 03-15-2017 06:17 PM

Re: A "speargun", but with a difference!!!

Looks like those are your standard office supply rubber bands. See the reel on that thing? Need to get me one of those. Says its perfect for fish, birds, and "beasts (such as rabbits)." Effective shooting range of 30 meters. I'm sold. Bid placed. No one better out bid me.

popgun pete 03-15-2017 07:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What blew me away was the accessories, or even that it has accessories!

Trace 03-15-2017 07:19 PM

Can't wait to get one......

SEATUX 03-15-2017 07:46 PM

Un-fricken believable!
Just goes to show you..ya cant fix Stupid!

alldayreese 03-15-2017 08:21 PM

fish, birds and beasts (such as rabbits)
Them beast are killers!

Haha are them steal balls for sling shot option�� just incase your average foshing technique doesn't work well.

FreediveCA 03-16-2017 12:00 PM

So I gather from your responses I won't have any competition on bidding for this gem.

Pete, how are you surprised it has accessories? It's a Multifunction Laser Shooting Fish 1.2m Gun Fishing Arrow for Hunting Slingshot, of course it has accessories. I must say I'm a bit disappointed it won't be coming with a scope, but I think with the laser sight I should be good.

deanmc 03-16-2017 01:14 PM

Not sure what a "Shooting Fish" is but it comes with a glove!!! I'm sold!

popgun pete 03-16-2017 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreediveCA (Post 2135940)
So I gather from your responses I won't have any competition on bidding for this gem.

Pete, how are you surprised it has accessories? It's a Multifunction Laser Shooting Fish 1.2m Gun Fishing Arrow for Hunting Slingshot, of course it has accessories. I must say I'm a bit disappointed it won't be coming with a scope, but I think with the laser sight I should be good.

Your disappointment will only be short-lived as the scope is in the second image that I posted above. I predict sales will harvest the need for something different as many seek to differentiate themselves, but as what? However the absence of colored bands will disappoint many, as where are the pink and green bands, the purple and neon yellow? What a bummer!

Evidently spearfishing is entering new territory with spearheads also getting a complete rethink.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Shooting...3D322365195442

FreediveCA 03-16-2017 04:25 PM

Well shit howdy my day just got way better so long as deanmc doesn't out bid me.

You see the picture of the guy demonstrating those shafts? Got ourselves a true Dennis the Menace.

North Star 03-16-2017 05:45 PM

I am hooking this guy up with some venture capitalists. Look for an IPO this summer.

Chuuken 03-17-2017 09:44 AM

It's like a slingbow with serious identity problems...

and those new "spear tips"...

Is there a section on Ebay now for "I have no idea what I'm doing"? It's almost what I'd expect if you asked the staff of the Onion to design satirical sports equipment.

NC_Spearo 03-17-2017 10:32 AM

Needs a bi-pod....

Trace 03-17-2017 11:47 AM

Looking forward to spearq8's full report & video.

popgun pete 03-17-2017 04:29 PM

10 units are available for purchase, being a "buy it now" listing. US$195 with shipping, however it is not clear how many accessories are actually included and which ones are there just for show. If the listing was closer to the 1st of April then it may have made more sense, but I think the guy selling this seriously thinks that it has a market. Here he has picked up some free publicity, but maybe not of the type he wants. Full marks for imagination, I just love the green laser and the swoopy (loopy) styling.

Actually the contents are now listed in a product "Discrition".
1. a multifunctional shooter gun(Length: abt. 1.2m).
2. a three-layer carrying case.
3. an Infrared sight(including: Card slot universal clip+Allen wrench+Button Battery)
4. a fishing reel with the lines.
5. 5PCS short swim bladders.
6. 2PCS long swim bladders.
7. 20PCS steel balls
8. a multifunctional hook box.
9. a rubber band.
10. a glove.