Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Visibility report cedar key steinhatchee or crystal river (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=194932)

snapper1 09-16-2017 06:17 PM

Visibility report cedar key steinhatchee or crystal river

Has anyone been out diving since the storm? Hoping to go next week but concerned for zero visbility. Usually go out of cedar key. I am new to the area so I have no odea how these storms affect the waters here.. any insight is appreciated!

zackistre 09-16-2017 11:10 PM

Re: Visibility report cedar key steinhatchee or crystal river

Guessing zero viz for another week or so. Buddy went out yesterday and coudnt see his hand.

snapper1 09-17-2017 08:45 AM

That's not good news... any idea how far he went out? I usually venture 40 miles out.

kmoose 09-18-2017 08:54 AM

It will be at least another month before it's not Helen Keller diving out there but it doesn't mean you should stay home. Grouper will be biting good on any tall structure and it will be a great time to go out and look for new spots and spend time on the water before the next blender heads this way.

snapper1 09-23-2017 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Definitely no fish out there. I would just stay home and think about how bad the vis is if I was you guys...!

Weighed in at 60lbs. Had to cut him in half and weigh each half to get an accurate weight. My biggest fish to date out from under a bullshark!

kmoose 09-25-2017 07:05 AM

Was out in 60' Saturday and had 20' on the bottom. I was pretty shocked to have shootable vis.

SouthShoreSpear 09-25-2017 08:44 AM

@kmoose did you go out of crystal river area?

kmoose 09-25-2017 11:14 AM

Actually had a SeaCraft Gathering in Homosassa and ran out to 60'. Water was better the further out we went. Totally shootable vis for the most part.

getawayFK 09-25-2017 07:09 PM

the drier weather has certainly been helping. It should only get better moving forward.

captadam123 09-25-2017 07:56 PM

Heading out Wed and Sat. Will post a kill report