Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   California Spearfishing (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Gonzaga conditions report? (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=197927)

Pither 11-01-2018 01:48 PM

Gonzaga conditions report?

Heading down in 8 days. Anybody been down recently? Any vis reports? We'll be exploring with the SUPs, hitting the coastal points and reefs.
Love this time of year down there, looking forward to four days of relaxation and some quality water time!

Slug 11-01-2018 02:17 PM

Re: Gonzaga conditions report?

Just sent a PM for you, Have fun!

LookPointShoot 11-06-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pither (Post 2178873)
Heading down in 8 days. Anybody been down recently? Any vis reports? We'll be exploring with the SUPs, hitting the coastal points and reefs.
Love this time of year down there, looking forward to four days of relaxation and some quality water time!

I just got back from a trip fishing between BOLA and Gonzaga, water's mid 70s, barred pargo definitely breeding (everywhere and full of eggs) plenty of gulf grouper and cabrilla around.

Weather this weeks looks great. I'd say you picked a perfect time to go. A friend of a friend was just in Gonzaga, sounds like they had mostly 10' vis with a couple spots of 20+, should only improve with this week being flat. :thumps:

Pither 11-06-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookPointShoot (Post 2179048)
I just got back from a trip fishing between BOLA and Gonzaga, water's mid 70s, barred pargo definitely breeding (everywhere and full of eggs) plenty of gulf grouper and cabrilla around.

Weather this weeks looks great. I'd say you picked a perfect time to go. A friend of a friend was just in Gonzaga, sounds like they had mostly 10' vis with a couple spots of 20+, should only improve with this week being flat. :thumps:

That's what I like to hear... :thumps:
If anyone's down there this weekend and sees a baja-beige Sportsmobile, swing by for a beer!:toast:

LookPointShoot 11-07-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pither (Post 2179053)
That's what I like to hear... :thumps:
If anyone's down there this weekend and sees a baja-beige Sportsmobile, swing by for a beer!:toast:

Conditions don't look good wind-wise. Be careful. Saturday might be OK nearshore (might not,) Sunday has westerlies that should make nearshore kayaking possible but the blow might muck things up.

You never know until you go! Best of luck!

I've found windy.com to be pretty reliable for that area BTW

Novice Dave 11-16-2018 01:15 PM

How's the road from Mexicali to Gonzaga recently?

Have they repaired the damage from Hurricanes?

Also, anyone driven through to Chapala from Gonzaga in the last month? If so, how's that road faring? I know the 1000 is going through there - maybe as I type - but I'm asking for Sunday or Monday.

Gracias for all info