Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Memorials and Condolences for Diver Passings (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   RIP Natalia Molchanova (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=184531)

brandon cadalzo 08-04-2015 08:30 PM

RIP Natalia Molchanova

God speed to her and sincere condolences to her family and friends. Quite possibly the best freediver in history.http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...sc=ipad&f=1001

SpearMax 08-04-2015 10:09 PM

Re: RIP Natalia Molchanova

May Natalia rest on eternal peace.

IrieSpearo 08-05-2015 07:29 AM

May she rest in peace.

According to the article:
"She was diving without fins to around 30 to 40 m and supposable got into strong underwater current,"

I will go ahead and asume it was a downward current, anyone have any experience with one of those..must be hard dealing with a thing like that without fins.

Chuuken 08-05-2015 07:50 AM

Rip :(

Runngo 08-07-2015 04:21 PM

I am starting to question if I should stop entirely, every story I hear reduces my bottom time, my concentration, everything. It's so sad to hear this, and I force myself to remind myself that the simple general rules apply to everyone. RIP. So sad, I'm gutted

kwtony 08-07-2015 06:23 PM

Sad sad news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runngo (Post 2063264)
I am starting to question if I should stop entirely, every story I hear reduces my bottom time, my concentration, everything. It's so sad to hear this, and I force myself to remind myself that the simple general rules apply to everyone. RIP. So sad, I'm gutted

Consider a Freedive Recovery Vest. Im working on getting one myself.

spearq8 08-10-2015 03:33 AM

Still is a mystery what happened, but very sad indeed. With regards to a recovery vest, getting one is one thing and using it is another. I bought one for me and my brother (who incidentally suffered a wet SWB once) but I am finding it hard to get oneself to use it. It is quite large and cumbersome and not easy to travel with. Instead I simply just halved my downtime. I guess if you are in one location and not using aircraft to go from one place to another it could be less of a problem.

TheMackDaddy 03-27-2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spearq8 (Post 2063518)
Still is a mystery what happened, but very sad indeed. With regards to a recovery vest, getting one is one thing and using it is another. I bought one for me and my brother (who incidentally suffered a wet SWB once) but I am finding it hard to get oneself to use it. It is quite large and cumbersome and not easy to travel with. Instead I simply just halved my downtime. I guess if you are in one location and not using aircraft to go from one place to another it could be less of a problem.

why is it hard to travel with? i know this is an old thread but is the current model hard to travel with?

dctrjayyy 03-27-2019 11:38 AM

The FRV is hard to travel with because you have to explain to TSA/Airport Security what it is, generally go through secondary inspection and show them their own rules that show that a lifevest with CO2 is allowed (always carry a copy of that regulation).

I also understand the cumbersome argument as we already carry a lot of dive gear. It can be frustrating to add more to the equation.

That said, I never notice mine in the water. The hassle at the airport is manageable. The things works just like it is supposed to.

Overall, I am very happy with it and thankful to have it. I'm sure my wife/kids are too.