Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Freshwater Shooting (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   First Trip to Beaver Lake Arkansas (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=194035)

Les Sage 06-26-2017 11:25 AM

First Trip to Beaver Lake Arkansas

1 Attachment(s)
Since I keep my boat at Bull Shoals Lake, I have been there several times this year. Did very well on Walleye opening weekend.

Last Saturday, (6/24) I was able to drive down to Beaver Lake for a look. Both lakes are extremely full and the vis isn't as good as usual. However, below the thermocline, vis is doable.

Here's a picture of a nice Striper I got near the dam.

Hope everyone is enjoying the diving and spearfishing !

Cheers

Les

Topaz 06-27-2017 11:38 AM

Re: First Trip to Beaver Lake Arkansas

Nice , as usual Les, I just got back from a week at BS. Always a learning adventure with a yo-yo lake like that. After a couple days I had it (them) figured out. Vis was harsh to say the least, except down deep where there were no fishies. Get any good Wally?? Best I got was 23", only whopper I saw I already had a spearful of 21" wally, and he didn't like what his buddy was telling him! Are those stripers good to eat?

North Star 06-27-2017 01:29 PM

Nice fish Les!

Castor 06-29-2017 06:39 PM

That's a real nice fish! My Father in law lives in Rogers. I think I'm gonna have to ship so gear to him so when we "Visit" I can sneak away for a while.

Les Sage 07-01-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz (Post 2145250)
Nice , as usual Les, I just got back from a week at BS. Always a learning adventure with a yo-yo lake like that. After a couple days I had it (them) figured out. Vis was harsh to say the least, except down deep where there were no fishies. Get any good Wally?? Best I got was 23", only whopper I saw I already had a spearful of 21" wally, and he didn't like what his buddy was telling him! Are those stripers good to eat?

Stripers are good to eat, but not as good as Walleye!

rpowers 07-22-2017 01:54 PM

Les, how deep was both the thermocline and the stripers during your trip? I have been diving below the thermo some and had to order a hood to deal with the cold. Even with the vis being a little better under it is still so dark that I find it hard to see much down there.

Les Sage 08-07-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpowers (Post 2147596)
Les, how deep was both the thermocline and the stripers during your trip? I have been diving below the thermo some and had to order a hood to deal with the cold. Even with the vis being a little better under it is still so dark that I find it hard to see much down there.

40' Yep, dark and cold, lol

FWFishSlayer 08-08-2017 08:01 PM

Nice fish. Still kills me that I spent the better part of a week out there for nationals and didnt even see one