Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Buddy Networking - California (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Crystal Cove (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=187387)

D.Dager 02-03-2016 01:42 AM

Crystal Cove

I'm looking for anyone who wants to get out to Crystal Cove this Sunday or Monday. Also I am usually free most Friday's through monday's so, if you cant make it this weekend just Pm me and let me know when you wanna get out. I'll shoot you my number.

Micah 02-04-2016 06:25 PM

Re: Crystal Cove

Hey dude. You free hit crystal cove Saturday morning?

BajaPapi 08-19-2016 05:20 PM

How about this saturday?

NoobSpearo 08-21-2016 12:27 AM

hey guy.

I'm a newb (less than 5 or so dives) but i'm willing to go out. lmk.

djstewart89 10-10-2016 10:25 AM

Hey Guys,
I am sorry to crash in on this thread, but I had a couple of questions about Crystal Cove. I am a New England Diver typically hunting Stripers, Black Sea Bass, Tautog, etc and I have a Huntington Beach trip (not dive focused) planned in a few weeks. All of my research on the diving directs me to CC. Is this a good time of year to dive? Im not asking for specific spots, I am really just concerned with weather or not I should bring all my gear. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Dylan

NoobSpearo 10-10-2016 08:31 PM

CC is over rated (but still good). Most all year is a good time to dive in Southern California (It's typically sunny all day, every day). Look up the weather, swells, and tides on surfline. Here's a link

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...ifornia_46525/

I suggest finding any place with 1-2 ft swells during an incoming tide for safety and good water clarity. There are nearby locations on the right hand side of the page. Some spots have live cameras. How far out and at what depths are you planning to go? I'm just a noob so I don't go out too far unless there's another method of transport (like a kayak or jet ski/boat) in case there's ever that one in a million chance of a shark encounter in more open water.

Lately, the water near Strands Beach has been heavenly clear. Bring all your gear. Most folks use a 5mm suit around here. Generally, if you are looking to spear a "sport" fish, go somewhere with kelp (I suggest some serious transport... like a boat). If you just want to see any fish like perch, access from the shore to places with a little rocky cover is good.

OC Spearos FTW!

PM if you'd possibly like to go out together.

djstewart89 10-26-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoobSpearo (Post 2120312)
CC is over rated (but still good). Most all year is a good time to dive in Southern California (It's typically sunny all day, every day). Look up the weather, swells, and tides on surfline. Here's a link

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...ifornia_46525/

I suggest finding any place with 1-2 ft swells during an incoming tide for safety and good water clarity. There are nearby locations on the right hand side of the page. Some spots have live cameras. How far out and at what depths are you planning to go? I'm just a noob so I don't go out too far unless there's another method of transport (like a kayak or jet ski/boat) in case there's ever that one in a million chance of a shark encounter in more open water.

Lately, the water near Strands Beach has been heavenly clear. Bring all your gear. Most folks use a 5mm suit around here. Generally, if you are looking to spear a "sport" fish, go somewhere with kelp (I suggest some serious transport... like a boat). If you just want to see any fish like perch, access from the shore to places with a little rocky cover is good.

OC Spearos FTW!

PM if you'd possibly like to go out together.

Thank you so much man. This is all great info. I may be in touch for a dive. I will be there from Friday mid day through monday. When I dive here in the NE I have a stringer off my float. Are sharks a real threat inshore there? That may be an ignorant question. Do I need a method to keep my fish out of the water?

thanks again,
Dylan

justspearit 11-04-2016 05:06 PM

Does anybody know decent kayak launch areas around CC? I've only been a few times and seems like an extremely long trek.

jaxwax 11-04-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justspearit (Post 2122558)
Does anybody know decent kayak launch areas around CC? I've only been a few times and seems like an extremely long trek.

Try the Morro day parking lot past the campgrounds. Not too bad of a walk from there

J_Murphy 11-13-2016 07:13 PM

Im down to dive monday morning/mid day

D.Dager 03-17-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoobSpearo (Post 2115083)
hey guy.

I'm a newb (less than 5 or so dives) but i'm willing to go out. lmk.

Let me know if your interested in getting out this weekend. 562-665-5six73. Call or text me

D.Dager 03-17-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Murphy (Post 2123409)
Im down to dive monday morning/mid day

You getting out at all soon? Call or text me 562-665-5six73

D.Dager 03-17-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BajaPapi (Post 2114930)
How about this saturday?

Sorry for the late reply. You gonna make it out at all this weekend or any time soon. Please Call or text me 562-665-5six73. Thanks

D.Dager 03-17-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah (Post 2089115)
Hey dude. You free hit crystal cove Saturday morning?

Didn't make it back on here since I posted this. but I am back. You getting out at all this weekend? Text me or call me if your interested and I'll gladly meet up 562-665-5six73

Spritewatercup 07-25-2017 10:42 PM

Hi Guys,

I'll be staying in the camp ground August 27-31. I'd be super grateful to meet up with anyone. Thanks!