Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   California Spearfishing (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anyone know what happened to Zenspearo aka Joe Gnuyen (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=200698)

bajahunter 10-29-2020 11:55 AM

Anyone know what happened to Zenspearo aka Joe Gnuyen

Haven’t been here for a while, since things got kinda crazy, Joe a good Friend of mine suddenly disappeared from my radar and haven’t heard from him since, we did yearly trips to BOLA, hope he’s Ok and just retired from this, but still worried

rojodiablo 10-31-2020 09:08 AM

Re: Anyone know what happened to Zenspearo aka Joe Gnuyen

I will try to get the straight from his brother whom I still talk with.
Pretty sure his ailment took him a while back though. (Type of cancer, leukemia-like)
I do miss him, he was funny, and a brilliant man. He made the MLPA fight not only doable and a reality for us, hell he helped make the battle half fun! We would have been so screwed as divers had it not been for the two Joes....Nguyen, and Farlo. Eternal gratitude....

Kingspear 11-01-2020 01:25 PM

I have wondered the same thing for a long time. I would love to know.

mikeme 11-02-2020 11:49 AM

I know. Met him on the water a couple of times in different boats. Real nice guy. Hope he is OK.

asianspearo 11-02-2020 06:49 PM

I really miss him too, although we have never met face-to-face. But we talked at length via p.m. and email. Truly good guys of his caliber are rare. I, too, have been wondering how he's doing, I hope he's all right.

Di Au

lobzila 11-05-2020 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
He has fallen off my radar as well. I hope he is well. Picture of him on my boat.

pescadorrr 11-07-2020 11:14 PM

Great guy. Super helpful and always willing to share info. He knew lots about Baja.

florfreediver 11-08-2020 09:22 AM

We used to have contact with Joe in the earlier days of Florida Freedivers. Always pleasant, full of humour and a great customer.
Cherryl and I both miss him.

Be safe out there.

Mike.

rojodiablo 11-09-2020 11:12 PM

I put out some feelers, and got some information, and I am trying to contact him. Hopefully, he will get in touch with me.
Seems he is still with us, hoping he will make a connection back.

I will keep you updated should anything transpire.

SpearMax 11-14-2020 09:25 PM

Joe is a wonderful person. He is the moderator who wrote many of the Sticky Guidances at the top of this California forum. Joe visited Florida and I took him on my boat diving. Great fellow. Tony

Tino Bernazzani 12-13-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojodiablo (Post 2201202)
I put out some feelers, and got some information, and I am trying to contact him. Hopefully, he will get in touch with me.
Seems he is still with us, hoping he will make a connection back.

I will keep you updated should anything transpire.

That is excellent news.
I tried to connect with him a few years ago and after not hearing back I had feared the worst.
Appreciate just knowing he is still with us and his family.

NorCal Spearo 02-03-2021 05:38 PM

Wandered the same thing, I just figured he got really busy with life, happens to manny of us.