Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   All Other Gear (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Lets talk carbon fins (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=195402)

humpinit 11-23-2017 01:49 PM

Lets talk carbon fins

I have been wearing Mako fiberglass fins with mako pockets for a year now.

Yesterday I tried on my sons Nautilus triaxiel (deep apnea) fins with hammerhead pockets and ell in love.

Then, I tried on my friends Deep Apnea 85cm with Beuchat pockets and realized that I had no clue what love was.

The Deep Apneas with the Beuchat pockets felt way superior. I felt the energy transfer to the heels of my feet.

I am looking to buy a pair of carbon fins this week. Any input on what I said above?

kavachi 11-23-2017 03:57 PM

Re: Lets talk carbon fins

used Waterways [aka Capt Nemos] carbon blades and pockets for years, loved em. but recently bought pair of Cetma's little Dynami-Techs and they're just amazing - heaps less area but sooo efficient and easy on the legs. the blade extends right back under the heel, and the footpockets fit me perfectly.
Spent six hours on Monday kicking into stiff current spearing a seamount, not wearing socks - no blisters, no cramps. def in love with these fins, and under $300 US for blades + pockets!

kavachi 11-24-2017 03:16 AM

should add that there was a brief learning curve going from the traditional longer stiffer carbons to the little Cetmas - particularly as i weight negative - the softer smaller blades require slightly increased cadence and adjusted kick to achieve similar thrust coming up from deep, but its a painless transition. so much more friendly to your legs and lower back.

anyone else out there tried the little Cetmas?

musubi 12-21-2017 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humpinit (Post 2157048)
I have been wearing Mako fiberglass fins with mako pockets for a year now.

Yesterday I tried on my sons Nautilus triaxiel (deep apnea) fins with hammerhead pockets and ell in love.

Then, I tried on my friends Deep Apnea 85cm with Beuchat pockets and realized that I had no clue what love was.

The Deep Apneas with the Beuchat pockets felt way superior. I felt the energy transfer to the heels of my feet.

I am looking to buy a pair of carbon fins this week. Any input on what I said above?

Which fins did you end up purchasing?

humpinit 12-21-2017 08:21 AM

I ended up buying the deep apnea quads with beauchet pockets

Griswold 12-21-2017 09:25 AM

Do yourself a favor and try a pair of DiveR's in their new DiveR footpockets. Amazing combination of comfort and power transfer.

I don't think I will ever own a different footpocket after using them.