View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #19
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Re: Have you speared another spearo?

I'm plenty cooled off; and yes, a thread like this is directed at the people involved in this incident. Call it what you want.

The fact is, you don't know the facts other than something bad happened and someone was saved. Did it ever cross your mind that people can also swim into the muzzle path? Countless accidents occur from being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Most of them can be examined after the fact and to find fault. That’s great in a court of law but not a very effective learning tool.
This section of Spearboard is for discussing safety not assigning blame or fault. The fact that we are all aware that things like this happen, makes us all safer for knowing it occurred. If it never happened to you and you have been spearfishing for 50 years that's great, I pray you go another 50 in the same fashion.

It can be pretty hard to admit or talk about safety issues that happen to most all of us mortals. The last thing we need to do is discourage open and honest communication by posting such crap like this pole.
Reminding people to be safe and to think about safety is something I take very seriously. If you want to be condescending and point fingers there are other sections of this forum to play on. This is a serious section concerning diver and diving safety, not teenagers on myspace.