View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
anthropisces

Re: How to minimize leg cramps?

I noticed that my leg was cramping was much more during diving when I added a weight training regimen compared to periods when I dove without much training.

Recently in the Bahamas I brought some Vitamin Water Zero drinks along. My buddy from Chicago insisted we bring them. He's a beach volleyball player and uses it. During the first day of diving I was frustrated by cramping. I hopped on the boat and drank one of the VWZs. Within a short period the cramps went away. I drank one every morning before diving after that and never experienced a single cramp as I recall.

I won't go on a dive without the stuff now. I agree of course that lots of water and also rest are important. I was pleasantly surprised though how well the VW product worked for me. I had given up drinking sports drinks because of the high sugar content. I also do not like Nutrasweet and many other artificial sweeteners. I notice bad effects from both the sugar and the artificials . This product has Stevia, which I have limited experience with, but I have noticed no ill effects from it. Please give this product a try and post about your experience.