View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #20
Bob Ballew

Re: Newport Beach Boat Auction

A few useful sources: Auction.com for real estate going into foreclosure; look up various coastal cities that impound vehicles and boats that owe back fees (ex. Long Beach has vehicle impound auctions every other Tuesday, which also includes personal property and occasionally boats on trailers, rv's, motorcycles, etc. Pics are available online. Boat Angel.com has donated boats that sell cheaply most of the time. I bought my 25' Parker off Craigs List, boats section. The Treasury Department (IRS seizures for taxes and drugs) for planes, boats and real estate; U.S. Customs auctions for seized items you can resell at a profit; et al...I utiltize estatesales.net to find deals on tools, nautical, and other items I use frequently, that I can buy for half price or less. On the final day of estate sales, the prices drop by half, an even better way for saving money....
...Building wealth to buy that nice boat is a long term project taking patience and requires investing your time and in my case, labor to buy fixer-upper items. A deal here and a deal there will, over time, build your financial security if you structure it to generate cash flow.
... For years, I believed in the old Chinese proverb, "He who would be wealthy, keep purse strings closed". Then, times changed and I finally realized I needed to open the purse strings, invest and my purse would get bigger..... Anyway, didn't mean to preach but, merely illustrate how auctions can help you grow your assets over time and find a deal on that boat you have always fantasized about owning....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 02-15-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote