View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #16
bleu
Official Sponsor

Re: Front Line Freediving Review

Review from Brittany who drove down from Virginia for my PFI Freediver Class

"Being new to diving, my boyfriend found it necessary to get me in a free diving class to teach me all the basics and fundamentals before diving and spearfishing with him and his friends who are all fairly experienced with spearfishing. Needless to say the class taught me a substantial amount within a 3 day window. Sam was very thorough in his methods of educating our class (which was maxed out at 5 students, 4 new and one refresher). He took the time with all of us individually to work on our problem areas. Safety was a huge emphasis in this class which I really valued being that I will be diving with people who will likely hit deeper depths and I want to know exactly what to do if a situation were to head south. We did several rescue exercises and many of them were unpredictable to which we had to act quickly in order to save our other partner. Sam was definitely not afraid to tell us if we were doing something wrong and did everything to help correct our mistakes. Aside from the weather preventing us from the ocean dive experience I was looking forward to, he made sure when we left on Sunday that we felt very confident with our rescue techniques, entry methods, statics, and just everything from gear to our experience. He encouraged us to come back for line dives and to even go out spearfishing with him whenever there was availability on both schedules behalf. In my opinion a good instructor will teach you all you need to know, a great instructor will encourage you to come back whenever to hone up skills and put those skills to use in the water. As a beginner, this class was probably the best decision I could have made before getting into spearfishing. Very well instructed and I definitely recommend this course to any beginners out there or even people just looking to dive deeper and be safer in the water. Thank you for all the knowledge Front Line Freediving and Sam Blount! We'll absolutely be back in the future!"

bleu is offline   Reply With Quote