View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #47
Smash
Monterey Bay Triton

Re: 2014 World Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415dvr View Post
If some needy guy wants to piss away his money on some pipedream that shooting trash fish makes him a champion, whatever. The problem is that the public perception has grown up and away from competitions. With the general public's perception of some labeled wet suit wearing clown tossing a stringer of fish on the table being what it is, rightly or wrongly, comps do more harm than good.

Then there's the perception or even knowledge of the competitors antics,see also Silviera, on the road to being assigned a spot on some team, and this is where you and the other self absorbed, myopic wannabes come in. In small words so you can understand it- nobody here cares. This is a my balls are bigger fest between the same egos. It's old and the market around it has grown away from it and there's your reason that companies don't throw fistfuls of $50's at divers anymore and for you to even want to broach the subject after sucking off Jay for your gear and notoriety is further proof of your cluelessness.

When you get done pandering and searching for public acceptance, realize that the real good, as in REALLY good divers could give a shit about competitions and advertising there affiliations or what they want to have the rest of the world know about them from their avatar or signature. They're busy doing what they have to and want to so they can dive and then they're out there doing it without fanfare or "hey, look at me's!" And you're nowhere close to that list but the dwindling line of idiots sniffing around you keeps you from seeing it.

Feel free to quote this in your self centered reply about who you know and you, you, you. But also include the whole thing rather than cutting it up to bolster your side of an argument that again, most if not all of us here and the other place could give a shit about. I'm certain to get a message from Tony now saying this is too harsh but as I'm not in the line waiting to worship you and you get to add tool emoticons with impunity, the hand slap means shit.

Shooting trash for points for glory is done.
Does it make a small man like you feel special because you can disrespect someone who has more talent than you? Do you walk a bit taller? Do you feel like you are just a bit more cool? You know, not every thought that pops into your head needs to be shared. Just shut up and do your own thing and let others do their's without the wisdom of your great mind.

VP, Monterey Bay Tritons
Smash is offline   Reply With Quote