View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
Chainsaw

Re: Newport Beach Boat Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
Friday, Feb. 16th..viewing 8 am; auction at 9. Cash only....located at the Harbor Patrol/Sheriff's landing at 1901 Bayside Drive.
..There are 9 nine foot to fourteen foot kayaks, various rowboats, several powerboats, some sailboats, nine stand up paddleboards and 2 twelve foot inflatables...I am looking at the 20' Duffy wine tasting boat up for dibs..
...Tips: don't bid until the last few bids, otherwise, you are just helping drive up the prices...try to get one early on.. as the stock diminishes, people tend to bid higher on the remaining objects...some auctions are great deals with fewer bidders and others overbid on junk...the nature of human psychology..
...Last auction I watched a nice 42' Californian twin diesel powerboat go for $15,000...a heck of a deal if you had e a slip available...The Long Beach auction had a decent 36" commercial style trawler go for $1....good deals are there for patient investors who have the time to attend these events...me?.. Yesterday, I attended an estate sale and bought $300 worth of fishing and boating gear for $110...$40 marlin lures were $5....$30 Aftco fishing shirts went for $4 each...Then, there is the panoramic view waterfront home and 40' power boat they will be selling shortly as part of the estate....wife says she likes our home and is staying put....
....Last week, I bought a like-new 2016 Hyundai Sonata at auction for $7,600, about $5,000 under Kelly bluebook...It runs great. The best part is that auctions give me an excuse to head to the waterfront, whether I buy anything or not... retirement has some benefits after all...
...Then, again, there is my lovely wife demanding to know when I intend to sell the 4 inflatables, 3 outboards and 3 kayaks clogging up our back yard?...."Soon, I tell her, soon".......
Was that on Humbo;t Island with a 48' Uniflight in front? If it was you bought my dads stuff.
I am selling the Poco Loco for $114K, F'n bargain and a half.
Tentative manager Long Beach Neptunes
Waterman's Alliance founding member
Daryl Wong
Mori
Ennis customs
2 time Long Beach Neptune's Blue Water Meet winner 2007 and 2016
Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote