View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
spearq8

Sigalsub CF 110 speargun test

I brought this gun with me from Europe after Xmas vacation and decided to give it a run down. Although the CF finish is not C4 class it is quite good. Design is absolutely perfect and I would change very little ... but the finish could be improved. I found that the trigger slot was about 1mm off center which means the shaft is sitting 1mm off the center of the trigger. That could cause excessive wear long term on the trigger. Not sure why it is that way. Also the handle does not seem to have CF wrapping on it and had a small piece chip off during transport (was easy to epoxy back on again). Another thing I didn't like were the band slots ... my god they were ridiculously small and I have never had so much trouble putting bands in and those were 14mm bands! I had to use silicone grease and tons of elbow grease to get the band in. I can't imagine putting in the recommended 16 small ID bands in! One more thing that bothered me was that there was a spectra loop at the bottom of the handle that seemed to have been cast in the handle ???!!! What happens when that line wears off???

Anyway to the good stuff ... the gun shoots as good as it looks and is superbly accurate. The handle is fantastic and absorbs recoil perfectly. The gun has frontal band elevators that put the bands in line with the bands and that really keeps the shaft stable in flight. Handle is way up there in the CG of the gun. The reverse trigger is not the crispest trigger out there and I think can be improved. I also couldn't help but feel that the gun could use an extra 10cm of band stretch really well and might have made a 7.5mm shaft a possibility. As it was with 110cm of band stretch it simply is not enough to push a 7.5mm shaft (I did try). Gun came with a funky Ghost shaft that has a part of the shaft cut out and a hidden flopper that gets tucked inside the shaft. The problem was that to hold the flopper, a thick "O" ring was used and that apparently hurts velocity quite a bit although accuracy was perfect.

Best results were with a Sporasub America One shaft and although I used a 150cm shaft @ 7mm ... probably a 140cm or 145cm shaft would be a better fit. The added mass of the 150cm shaft might have helped with longer shots though. Here is the video test.

spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote