View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
Crappincash

Re: What is the Best Training/Classes

There are no fed restrictions that I know of. I recently moved to Florida(Panacea) and have only fished here a few times. I am very verse on Texas Rules. There CCR is legal for fish that are not on the game fish list by TPWD. We always went out 100 miles plus to federal waters on the rigs. Depths to 480' on some. Lots of huge fish but could bag our limit by freediving. Florida is way more protective. While Pompano are legal in Texas, I hear don't get caught with one in Florida. Might as well take a Jew and have something to talk about!! CCR has just been deemed as cheating. I love fishing and the more challenging the more I like it. Something about swimming up to a fish on a CCR and shooting it is just not me. Now if you were to take a crack at it with a 6" knife.....Well I might go for that. Be like stalking a deer and running it down with a spear like in the old days. I have made several dives on The Oriskany on CCR and have seen some really big fish and thought what a trip that would be. But seriously, who wants to make it that easy? For those that do, Publix sells it already wrapped and the biggest fight you have is driving on the road to get there.
Crappincash is offline   Reply With Quote