View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #15
Wayward Son
You're Screwing Up My Chi

Re: Las Vegas Shooting

lot's of crap floating around, most of which likely isn't accurate.

most of what we have at this point is simply guessing.

We do know that he had no significant criminal record, as a gun store that sold him some guns reported that he passed the NICS checks for them. We know that there are no reported known mental issues in the past. there was no reason to strip him of any of his rights that have been revealed so far.

the press has made much over the fact that in total he has 42 guns. so what? I've had that many at times, though I think right now I'm a bit under that total. not sure without doing a count. he had a lot of ammo. well, if you have guns you usually have ammo for them & if they're in different calibers that can turn into a lot of ammo pretty quick. lots of us have a bunch of guns & lots of ammo. I hand load most of mine so I not only have a lot of ammo, I have a lot of powder, primers, brass & bullets to make it with as well as the tools to do so. having a bunch of guns & ammo is neither a crime nor an indication that you have any harmful intent, I've had this stuff for decades.

I've seen a fair bit of alarmist reporting about his having had explosives, but now it seems to just be tannerite. They make it sound like he was on the brink of being the Ok City bomber & then reveal that he had a reactive substance that people quite commonly buy to shoot at, not a thing unusual in someone having some.

some have made a point bout his dad's record but that's irrelevant. we don't punish people & take their rights away for crimes they had no involvement in or responsibility for.

the big unanswered question is "why?". maybe we'll figure it out one day, maybe not. I can think of several possibilities but it's all just guessing, so I won't do that right now. I would like to know why, if it can be determined.

http://www.thefra.org

If god turns out to be a lobster, I am so royally screwed...
Wayward Son is online now   Reply With Quote