View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #52
Pirate Dave

Re: Is it worth it? deep wrecks on tech

I started this thread about deep wrecks on TECH not REC gear. I was talking about the initial investment buying four more scuba tanks (doubles and two deco bottles) and four more regulators. A pretty serious investment.

since then I have made the investment and had completely changed my idea of diving. I enjoy looking at wrecks now just as much as I used to like shooting fish. I was on the team that originally discovered the Curtis Helldiver. No one could have done that bounce diving. It took a lot of swimming and a lot of gas to run into it.

I got trained to go deeper to shoot fish in areas I would not go to previously because of the dangers associated. Now that I have the training and the gear my focus is more towards wreck exploration. I'm not very excited about diving singles anymore. all I want to do is get to new wrecks and see things only a select few have

Planning the dives and sticking to the plan and getting to new areas is half the fun as the dives now. I strongly suggest taking a class.
Pirate Dave is offline   Reply With Quote