View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 03:02 AM   #3
Ren

Re: Looking for a Dive Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHunter3 View Post
Im looking for a dive light for lobster/night diving.

I recently moved down to the Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area from Seattle for college and have been trying to get into diving around here, and I'm really interested in lobster diving which I know is often done at night. I never used a dive light up in Washington but I have always wanted one, and this seems like a good excuse to pull the trigger.

I've been looking at the Princeton Tect Torrent, would this be a good choice? Its 330 lumens and has a 30 hour battery life for $50. I saw a flashlight for $30 that has 1000 lumens, but it didnt have any reviews and with what research Ive done the Princeton Tec brand popped up a few times.

Any suggestions?
I would suggest either the Princeton Tec League or Torrent. The league was my first light, and the Torrent LED is my current light and I love it! Note that the lanyard on the torrent is kind of short (hard to do grabs with both hands in hole with light on your wrist) so I just tied a loop of dyneema to mine to lengthen it.

These are both Made in USA and have a lifetime warranty. Pretty much if the light ever breaks down on you under normal use their warranty department will send you a new one.

The runtime is great in both, and the lights have never failed me even on my longer 6-7 hour shore dives.
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote