View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #89
saltierdog
proper use of a bait tank

Re: Palapas Ventana Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrasco View Post
Saltier Dog,

in response to the first part of your post, the reason why we pay people like Tim and patronize such "reputable" operations is to avoid the type of drama you are describing. Otherwise, I would have saved a heap of cash by flying down, renting a hotel and hiring a panguero to take out my group.

As for the second part of your post... "Bottom line Tim would be there for his guests to get them out if things really were going bad." (and) ..."negotiator between the gringo and the locals in all things."

Your statements would only make sense if I had committed a crime and needed to be gotten out! No place in my thread did it say anything remotely close to that. I would expect that guest or not, wrongdoers would be turned in to answer for their crimes, whether here at home, or anywhere abroad. Covering up for guests is the same as committing a crime yourself.

What did you do?
Otherwise, I am at a loss as to the substance of your comment.

Anyway, I do quite well with my spearfishing and really never consider luck as having much to do with it.
Cheers right back!
There are no two parts to what I'm trying to say and I'm not talking about getting out of crimes
I pay guides and charters $$ to above all to get me back home to my family as I said the coast guard isn't coming for you when you leave our boarders
If you plan to go down to mex and just rent a panga on your own just make sure you are diving within swimming distance of the shore and make sure the guy is a member in good standing in the local co-op. I've been to mex and central america countless times and wish I had outfitters like Tim in all the places I've been. I guess you just gotta experience being in helpless hopeless situations to appreciate some things in life like working safety equipment and VHF radio with a command station on the other end with back up boats ready to rescue you.
But I wouldn't wish any of that on you or anyone for that matter
Perspective and wisdom just come with old age but sometimes discussion boards can help

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-book-extract

Just Say No to GREENWASHING

Men stumble over the truth from time to time,
but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.

-- Winston Churchill

Last edited by saltierdog; 11-18-2019 at 08:35 PM.
saltierdog is offline   Reply With Quote