View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
aue-mike

Re: Rebreather's Will Kill You

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehloken View Post
For 40 years there were only 17 rebreather accidents, and over 300 since then. I think 38 in 2014 and now that the word is been put out that these things are dangerous, people have been shying away from rebreather's, 2015 we had less than half of what 2014 was.

And statistically out of the 300+ most of them were experienced or experts, also the inspiration rebreather has killed the most.
Hard to make heads or tails out of your babble. But again, you are clueless and incorrect. Clueless because you don't seem to grasp the fact that rebreathers are more often used in more technical applications, both in depth and duration, than open circuit these days. Therefore, the risk is greater than an average recreational dive, which helps to explain why several experienced divers have died on rebreathers. See my post above about rebreathers being equal opportunity and all. And of course AP units are associated with the mist fatalities as they have been in the mainstream the longest and have sold the most units. That's common sense. For your last bit, unfortunately you are incorrect. People are not shying away from rebreathers and they are entering the larger recreational sector (read as occasional diver) as well. The booths at DEMA the past 10 years readily demonstrate this fact.

Rebreathers are not for everyone, just like technical diving is not for everyone, and just like diving in general is not for everyone.

It is amusing to read over your posts. It increasingly makes me wonder if you just a blow hard that probably rarely dives.
aue-mike is offline   Reply With Quote