View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #23
rowow

Re: Delorme (Garmin) inReachSE $219 Free Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
I say he doesn't have a gps or even a boat to bolt it to (inflatable Sup with Velcro phone holder does not count), a wife or steady girlfriend (or boyfriend to be fair), and quite possibly a speargun.

As far as getting the inReach, I have been considering one for a while but I think Garmin plans on integrating the service into their higher end MFDs with just an antenna. That and my obsessive wife is usually at the helm dropping me on hot ledges beyond cell phone range so my only desire for a text communicator would be to let my friends know how much fun I'm having.
I got a 23' bayliner, but I now am using a jetski due to fuel efficiency and speed. And I do have a gps unit, got it used and really cheap when I first got into boating. I was also very inexperienced in boating so I didnt realize the hypocrisy in having one until I later gotten older. And yes a gps navigator is old school shit... As I stated many times before a phone can do everything a gps navigator unit for a much lower cost. Heck I can even get a dedicating tablet and it'll work much better.

The only devices a boater really needs is a transducer, and MAYBE a radar if you have alot of money and are really dedicated into boating. But now they are making devices that connect to your mobile device, so soon that will be another fad.

But hey man you be you and throw around gay shit and other crap at people for simply having a different opinion! Go show everyone how grown up you are

Have a great day

https://jet.com/product/detail/703a3...AaAtq-EALw_wcB
rowow is offline   Reply With Quote