View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 06:33 PM   #10
musubi

Re: My Invert Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
I hear you on the pool access.. I tinker more than I dive, being landlocked and all but but would be great to have a pool.

I'd def start by shortening your connections where ever you can and then checking if you have enough power for your needs. I know you spent money on the Ronstans already and it's nice they are plastic so they wont scratch the barrel, but I was wondering if there's an easier way to shorten the connections by switching to Harken Micro blocks with the pin? Then you could just use a small loop in the rubber and put the pin through each loop "mini wishbone" of the rubber? I have probably seen pics of this somewhere as Harken Micros have def been used on rollers by others.
That's a good idea on going to a block with a pin. I looked up the Harken Micro series and seems like they have good options there. I don't mind the scratching of the barrel. You think the mass difference between the plastic blocks vs the steel blocks make much of a difference in shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
You can have cords at either end of a helper band to shorten the band, the rear is the usual wishbone and the front ties to your muzzle as the band anchor. From memory the Alemanni had that extra band as optional on the Vela 135 Special which is the gun shown in the diagram. It may now be included as the diagram was done a year or so back for another thread.
https://www.alemanni-sub.com/en/prod...la-120-special
Thanks for the Alemani example. I'll probably look into adding something like that should I decide to build the wooden invert. Is the reason the band anchor is further away from the muzzle because more band stretch would cause more recoil? Out of curiosity, on the Vela 135, what is that silver metal tube that the shaft is going through at the muzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Musubi, maybe try 1-2 thicker bands on bottom. 14mm are pretty thin, even 14.5mm have more Schnapp to them. 15mm more. 16mm more..You should be able to get away without a kicker band with a 7.5mm Shaft.

Another thing I would fuddle around with is using a Roi type partial band on top. This will allow you to grab bad to load on top and maybe that band section is set to a certain elongation with a string inside or not, but I think that little section of band stretches and may function to give that little bit of a boost you are looking for.

Any big Mus?
It's good to hear your thoughts on this since I'm otherwise not sure what the 7.5 mm can take. I'll try and give a larger band size a go and target shoot with that. Like you said, that may give more oomph by itself without a kicker.

I always thought the Roi type band setup was interesting. For use with rollers, am I thinking about it right that I would be losing some length of a power stroke with the connected bands on top?

I've been getting some Mu's. Nothing too huge. That's my fiance's favorite fish, so I make sure she has some available. Personally, I love eating the goats. Although, hunting Mu's is much more exciting.

musubi is offline   Reply With Quote