View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #14
dr.ed

Re: Anybody kite surf?

IMHO you will want a kite that will water relaunch for kayak; mostly that is a LEI kite. For snow I think a foil is better. Many use LEI on snow but getting enough pressure for me is a problem; also kite crashes on hard surface is more likely to pop the LEI bladder.

I have a small quiver: 2.5m, 4m, 7m foils (1m trainer); 3m, 6m; 10m, 12m, & 13m LEI. (The 13m is for sale; C kite 5 line with bar; almost new, flown less than 6 times $500 or BO. VERY Powerful. Scares the shit out of me. I'm 170lbs; if 200lbs better choice.)

My suggestion; get a 2-4m foil 4line power/trainer kite; and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. GET VERY comfortable controlling kite Before trying to travel on land or water.

My 2.5 foil (Flexifiol Bullet no no longer produced) is a Lot of FUN; in gusts has picked me off the ground.

Get lessons if possible; having kite skills with a small (2-4m) four line before lesson will maximize benefits of lesson!

Also, check our "kitemares" and crash and burn videos to see what can go wrong. There are a lot of ways one can get killed, maimed, and hurt with a kite.

Be Safe; Have fun!
dr.ed is offline   Reply With Quote