View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #65
Silvertriton

Re: Thoughts on Abellan Albacore 130 vs Bleutec Oceanborn 125 & King Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
By far your most important upgrade would be to get that new handle Harry has been working on. It really will dramatically reduce felt recoil and will make your shots go straight with no left shift no matter how hard you push your shafts. The double roller trigger is also nice but the gun will shoot very well without it. If you already have the DR trigger, plan it well before you actually start dremeling out wood. It really become very easy then. You might have to push the 2 arms a little forward, but it should be a very easy mod. Make sure you pay attention to perfect mech to shaft height.
Thanks Majd, I like the original handle very much and do not struggle to reach for the trigger but I can see how additional filler at the base of the fingers and a small rotation could help shift more of the impact on the palm. For the double roller mech do not have all the necessary tools and it feel a bit scary but I may try it first on my denton 110 before doing any other modifications on the teak/albacore.
Silvertriton is offline   Reply With Quote