View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
Mike Edmonston

Re: How deep on air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100days-a-year View Post
Very impressive....however I sometimes do 2 hour spearfishing dives in doubles with stages.Occasionally even on air.My contribution is therefore more germane.
That's awesome. You sound like a person that alot of people could learn from on this forum. I am a long time tech diver and dive instructor, but a very new spearfisherman. I would love to learn more about handling the fish with stages, stringing them up etc... You obviously would not have a problem loading your gun while wearing your gear, this is all good information that should be shared. Therefore I think that your contribution to this thread would be immensely beneficial to those of us just starting out in the sport.

Quote:
The last time I looked this was a spearfishing forum.
I believe I was posting in the technical spearfishing section. If I was mistaken, my apologies.

Quote:
And other than blind catfish and crawfish there are not many targets in a cave.
Have you seen the snorklers and tubers in the springs? We are a target rich environment

Quote:
Give us a trip report on them if you can manage to shoot something in there.
Sorry bud, no can do. Can't bring a speargun in fresh water. But I will be more than happy to give you a trip report next time I go to the dry tortugas and "try" to shoot a big fish at 280', that should be fun.

Safe diving.

Mike Edmonston
Oxycheq Experimental Dive Team Test Pilot
NAUI Technical Instructor
Technical Scuba Training Center, FL.
www.floridatechdive.com
***Ask me about Great Deals on Dive Gear and Classes for Spearboard Forum members ***
Mike Edmonston is offline   Reply With Quote