View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 05:57 PM   #76
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

Re: Most used speargun length

[quote=brandon cadalzo;2162973]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeddy View Post
Why dose Abellan call it a 120 when it has 130cm of band stretch?

For Abellan spearguns it used to be that they were named after how much band stretch they had. The 120 had 120cm band stretch but only had the length of a 110. That got confusing for some i guess since euro style guns are typically measured by how long the body of the gun is and not how long the band stretch is. Today, the 120 model is roughly 120cm long in the body but has a band stretch of 132cm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was probably the most confusing post I've ever read until I looked at Abellan's website.

The 120cm gun is actually 147cm long - now I understand how they get 132cm band stretch. At first it sounded like you had to pull the band past the butt, left go, and hope it catches on a shark fin

What I still don't understand is what part of the gun is considered the "body"? Is it from the front tip of the gun to the trigger guard, or is it from the front tip of the gun to the front of the handle, or is it some other part of the gun? I need a Euro speargun anatomy lesson so I can figure out what size gun I use

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote