View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #51
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Re: Have you speared another spearo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneej View Post
I'm sorry, but Gerald Perry is right. I've you've ever speared anyone, you are a complete dumbass and you should never carry any sort of weapon again. A spear gun is a gun and if you are not smart enough to point it in a safe direction AT ALL TIMES, then you are not smart enough to use one. That's hunting 101 and I don't give a rat's ass how macho people think they are. I mean, come on... If we were talking about a 30-06, you wouldn't be like, "Oh yeah, I accidentally shot my buddy with one and yeah, it was a mistake and now I learned my lesson"... If you shoot someone with a spear gun it means you weren't following proper safety protocol. It's as black and white as that... Complacency kills...

If a diver points a gun at me during the dive, he get's a stern warning. It's not a joking matter. If they do it a second time, they can find another boat to fish on... Simple as that. I don't care if my opinion is unpopular. I've got a wife and kids to get back home to and if safety hurts grown men's feelings, then tough...
Rogers on that! I have seen some incredibly careless and reckless behavior shown in many of the YouTube videos posted in recent years. I had no idea how common this problem was until I actually saw it taking place in these videos.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote