View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 04:22 AM   #13
spearq8

Re: The Lost Boys... another Monobloc production

The double roller trigger is quite wide ... it is 14.5mm wide ... this needs to be taken into consideration when building your gun. A wide trigger hole is done at the expense of less wood where you need it most. The Neptonics is only 12.8mm wide .... so there is an advantage there. Of course the Abellan trigger is very wide and is around 15.8mm, but it has a thick SS plate underneath that makes using such a wide trigger possible. I am a civil engineer so I always worry about structural integrity more than others, but there is no question that once you start pushing the handle up and cut out the trigger pocket, you have dramatically weakened the stock in an area where it will be heavily stressed. Adding carbon fiber to the back end just makes me sleep better at night.

One advantage I find with leaf triggers is that you can make fine tuning of your trigger depth by simply adding or removing a thin washer or two. This allows you to get the trigger seating with the track absolutely perfect even if you use a different shaft with a different back notch tolerance. With a through pin holding the trigger ... it is pretty much a permanent thing and once you set it you can't really change it without doing major surgery.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote