View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
HeadHunter
Dan MacMahon

We lost a great guy....

I was shocked to learn that John Schmidt passed away several days ago. John ( aka Screen Name on SB) was a good guy and well thought of in the spearfishing world.

I was lucky enough to call John a friend and dove with him on several occasions. The first time he dove on one of my boats, he showed up with a new speargun wrapped in Bubble Wrap for protection and the name just kinda stuck. He was ever more called Bubble Wrap by me and other guys on the boat.

Johns signature phrase was using the word Buddy, drawn out to buuuuuddddyyyy. You wouldn't see him for 6 months and he'd see you coming with that big smile of his and he'd stick out his hand and buuuuuddddyyyyy would come out next.

John was a serious spear fisher and won the SPO a few years ago in the prestigious Grouper category and also won the Snapper division in this years SPO, just a few weeks ago.

I'm going to miss him. My condolence's to his wife Lisa and all friends and family.

Dan

Smart people realize they know very little.
Stupid people think they know everything.
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote