View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 12:00 PM   #103
memosub

Re: More about the inverted polispast rollers

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
@Jon ... little red around the collar ... I don't remember you putting up a fit when Seal (after about a year where he seemed reasonably happy with the test results) decided to call me a liar and that I had somehow faked his test results. Until then, I was happy to just let the thing go ... sure I was pretty pissed off with the way Seal dealt with things ... but I let it pass. Some customers get pissed and want to send the gun back if they get a new gun with a small scratch ... I tend to be more understanding, and I think I went out of my way to stay politically correct. But when someone starts calling you a liar, I really don’t see any reason to keep quiet about stuff. I guess Jon you feel some guilt as you were also hyping the whole idea that the gun was shooting "chunks out of the pool wall" .... and ... "where is that tuna video?". All part of being a salesman I guess ... a little wink and pat on the back and all is good. Well I don't sell guns, I prefer to let the guns do the talking. Some people actually prefer it that way ... no smoke or mirrors ... just the real deal. Sometimes the truth disappoints, but the way to deal with it is digest the results, learn from them and improve ... not blame the messenger and bitch about the results. Why not ask Peter is Lame how the gun performed in his test since he also tests some of your guns?

By the way, I am sure Seal has learned from test results and has changed what doesn't work. A lot of progress has been made with rollers and they are improving daily ... and most likely there will be a breakthrough. Believe it or not, I am in touch with a lot of the guys pushing out the newest and latest ideas with rollers, and it is amazing and pretty exciting what ideas they come up with. The secret is keeping the shaft stable on exit ... pretty much like it is with a classic gun ... and from what I saw it does look there is big progress there ... I might test one of those creations soon. The Seal gun I tested did not perform well because that gun design did have some inherent design flaws that simply would not allow the gun to shoot well. It was not because I didn’t know how to load the gun or didn’t setup it up correctly. There is a long post on that test on this forum and you can read it here http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=187690. The gun in this test looks very different to the one I tested, but I certainly would not base my opinion based on the videos posted ... I seem to recall a similarly impressive video of a similar gun to the gun I tested shooting at 9m (actually the gun in the video is LESS powerful according to Seal).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LtktOdlMCY

Fool me once shame on you ; fool me twice ... etc ... I would also advise anyone who wants to buy that gun to ask for a trigger change ... unless his mother in law is a spearo that is. I don’t know if he makes them himself or has someone do it for him, but Patek Phillipe ... well let’s just not go there. Here are a couple of pictures of the trigger internals and the first picture showing track to trigger seating I had to deal with (try fixing that on a brand new pinned carbon gun!!!). If some picture looks skewed or some pins seem bent, be assured it is not an optical illusion. And the spring that seems to have been hacked from some wire ... that is the only thing pushing your trigger sear back and avoiding a misfire when you load (or a few seconds after you load). Not saying there is an absolutely 100% safe trigger, but this is just one area you just avoid cutting corners. Jon ... why not use some of those mechs on the 8 Ulusub guns you are building now ?!

I cannot see the pics
memosub is offline   Reply With Quote