View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #69
stevencabo
tercermundista

Send a message via Yahoo to stevencabo
Re: Welcome Lurkers!

I've been reading for some months now and learning a lot. Thanks Tony for letting me in, I've got a ton of questions, probably stupid ones. I grew up in Santa Monica, on Sorrento beach. I moved to cabo san lucas 14 years ago. I've been spearing for about six years and have had to learn everything by trail and error. A friend of mine turned me on to this website and now I read it everyday. A wealth of usefull information. All my diving is done from the beach. The fish I like to go after are cabrilla, amberjack, pargo, and snook. When they're not around there are plenty of other fish that just surprisingly show up. It's absolutely amazing that at the right time of the year some of those big fish can be speared sometimes no more the twenty yards from shore. I usually surf but find myself praying for the surf to go down so I can go spear something. Thanks again for letting me in, I feel honored because I know there are some dedicated divers on this website that have paid their dues. However, I'm not too happy with the lurker label, but I'm still happy I can finally post. Now where's that bikini thread?
stevencabo is offline   Reply With Quote