Thread: Baja Rules
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
ANYH2O

Baja Rules

The more I dive and learn about Baja the more I enjoy it.
This last April we were there for a month and explored everything we could:
Touching Grey whale on the west coast, surfing Scorpion bay, riding whale sharks in the Bay of conception, and of course spearfishing.
We caught clams, squid, scalopes, and fish galore.
Here is a sample of one of our better days.
My 14 yo boy, a Hawaiian couple, and myself panga out to a local island and in less then 3 hr have 9 yellow tail on board all 25-35 pounds. Next we go and shoot some snapper and cabrilla. While in the snapper spot my boy swims down the island and gets a few hints from the panga driver and stones a 80 pound grouper in 40 ft of water. It is now been 4 hours or diving and we have done way more then we could ever dream. But on the way home the YT push the squid to the surface and the birds go crazy all right in front of us. So we pull our the nets and gaffs and throw 30 squid in the boat all about 20 inches.
What a great day and great dinner.
If your interested in making memories like this, try staying at this great Villa.
Comfortable for the family, lots to do for everyone, and central to great exploring and SPEARFISHING.
CHECK OUT this web site for details and watch the spearfishing video for a glimpse of some of the action: www.vrbo.com/339293
ANYH2O is offline   Reply With Quote