View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 03:37 AM   #4
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

Re: euro shaft curve notch vs american shaft square notch

also - euro shafts waste alot of band stretch
a riffe euro spear has the first shark fin - (from tail end) about 3.5" from the butt end of the spear
my red tide square notch spears have the first fin at between 1.5" to 1.75"
so you get more band stretch
also - you will be hard pressed to find a gun with a euro shaft with more than 2 bands- a few have 3 but none have more than that- it is considered a weaker design- since it depends on the spear being sandwiched between the sear and the top of the mech- but the square notch holds on without touching the mech top.
also a euro shaft usually rises up slightly when it is locked in and drops down onto the track when trigger is pulled- this works ok for open rail tracks but not so well for enclosed tracks
for enclosed tracks the red tide spears are easily the best because of the sharkfin design.
on standard spears - such as riffe - the shark fin is angled down and when the wishbone is loaded - it is wedged down onto the track as it slides down the track when fired- this cuts the wishbones and scuffes and potentially damages the top of the et as the "wedged "wishbone is dragged down the track .
On the red tide spears - the sharkfin is designed so that it has a groove that is raised up about 1/8" - so that the wishbone is pulling froward only and not down onto the track - damaging neither the track or the wishbone.
This is why I only use them and anyone with an enclosed track is insane not to.
I will post some pics illustrating my points in the morning-= it's very late at the moment.