View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #69
Sheri
So Little Time

Re: (New!!!) Blue Wild Photo/Video Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKHIND View Post
Sheri, I really feel sorry for you.
Arrggghhh.....I feel sorry for me too!!!

The sad thing is....a couple people are correlating their difference of opinion with the judges (one of whom has won 5 Emmys) to some kind of shadiness or wrong-doing with the contest. I respect that someone may have a difference of opinion, but I don't respect someone trying to besmirch the integrity of the contest itself.

By doing this, and doing it publicly, it's the contestants who lose -- no more judges willing to volunteer their time, no more donations from the sponsors, no more spearfishing video contest. It was hard enough to get mainstream sponsors to stick their neck out and be associated with spearfishing-related events. Believe me -- there's a lot of environmentalist types who don't approve of our activity already, so many mainstream companies hesitate to be associated with us. This negative publicity has pretty much killed it for me. Plus, I don't have this kind of time to spend cleaning up messes (which proved to be unfounded in the first place).

We had 430 (non-spearfishing) photo contestants, and not a single complaint about the contest or outcome. I'm going to focus on that.

Anyway, I hope we can all move on to bigger and better things now. Kraken, no hard feelings toward you and a few lessons-learned for me here. You take care and keep up the great work.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote