Thread: Meandros b32
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 02:24 AM   #19
spearq8

Re: Meandros b32

142cm band stretch is a loooong band stretch for a pipe gun. The problem is that as the gun gets longer and you are still using thin shafts .... shaft whip becomes a problem ... especially with a gun that has little mass. I think 142cm is too long and already the Pathos 130 has 137cm of band stretch and that is pretty long. But trust me ... even these long guns can be setup with extreme power and accuracy. The design looks like it has the handle very high up and it would take maybe a few minutes of work with marine epoxy putty to fix the handle. That would put the handle a bit higher up and push recoil in the palm with no offset. Results will be dramatically better and I would be surprised if that gun wouldn't shoot 3 shots inside an inch dead center at 5 meters. With the Pathos 130 I was able to even shoot accurately a 165cm @ 7mm shaft after handle mod with no shaft whip. Previously I wouldn't even touch a 7mm shaft after 150cm as whipping becomes a problem. If you could give me the distance from the trigger to the back palm area of the handle (at the neck) I could probably help you more.

One thing to note ... as you add power ... you also add a lot more stress on the trigger sears. My experience is that all triggers are made of 316 or 304 ... and they will eventually scratch as you start pushing those big power loads. My Pathos 130 test with the big loads would destroy the default trigger in less than 5 shots ... I do think that Meandros knows his triggers much better than Pathos. My Pathos testing was done with a customized trigger that was thicker and cut out of 304 instead 316. Even that showed some scratching after some time with extremely high loads. Eventually I moved to Kolsterizing to harden the sears ... that worked like a dream ... no matter what load or how many shots I took ... I couldn't even see a light scratch under high magnification. Plus the trigger was silky smooth with super crisp pull. If you want to shoot a speargun accurately ... crisp and predictable trigger is an absolute must. If I was a gun manufacturer, that data is something I would jump on as in quantity ... Kolsterizing is not that expensive and would add very minimal additional cost.
spearq8 is online now   Reply With Quote