View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #16
dmbfan0796

Re: Saipan and tropical water diving/hunting info sought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namor View Post
Well Im about a month out from my trip, I cant wait. Conditions here in Ca where I live are 58 degree water and 10' vis at a good spot. Im hoping to go to Tinnian as well as Rota islands while visiting Saipan. Im so excited to be heading for that clear warm water...
I just got back from 4 days of spearing in Rota. It will be worth the trip if you have time and $220 for a 90 mile round trip flight.
If you decide to go there I can get you in contact with a couple of guys with a boat that can put you on to lots of really good reef fish and maybe a pelagic or two.

I've never used a reel here in Saipan, so I can't say whether or not it would be better than a float line for shore diving. However, I've only used a float line and I've never had a problem with it. If the entry or exit is a little rough I usually just wrap the line up to keep it out of the coral. On the other hand, fishing trips are always good excuses to get new gear.

I'm sure we'll be able to get out and fish enough for you to be comfortable shooting no matter what you decide to do or not do with your guns.

What's your arrival date?
dmbfan0796 is offline   Reply With Quote