View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #6
ldsanta

Re: Front Line Freediving Review

I also took this course. I have been spearfishing and freediving for a little over a year now. I don’t necessarily have a desire to do competitions, but I truly enjoy the adrenaline rush I get from freediving and spearfishing. I have already been diving in the 80ft range, but I was interested in being able to dive deeper and push myself further.
I decided to look into taking a freedive course, which I had been putting off because I was already diving to 80ft. I was hesitant at first since the class only allows you to go to 66ft. As I began to research these classes I realized the class has much more to offer than just teaching you to dive deep.
I decided to take a class with Sam Blount of Front Line Freediving. In the classroom I learned about safety and breathing techniques in addition to the other diving techniques I had already learned through experience. Sam was very thorough with all the material and made it entertaining to learn. By the end of the classroom experience I felt that I had already gained so much more insight than I already knew.
The next day we were in the pool and we practiced some safety techniques. I was very impressed with how Sam was determined to make us practice these techniques until we were completely comfortable with them. He made sure it was perfect, not just mediocre. We transitioned into entries and eventually worked our way into static breath hold. I extended my static by nearly 30 seconds at the end of the course.
Overall, taking this class was a great decision. I feel more confident in my diving techniques, which allows me to focus more on the spearfishing. Sam was a great teacher! Thanks for the experience. I’m looking forward to taking my level II course.
ldsanta is offline   Reply With Quote