View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 12:40 AM   #82
spearq8

Re: Alemanni Demultiplied Rollerguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal77 View Post
Well,I think you still dont believe my effort to compare a perfectly set classic gun and my new polispats with absolutely same lenght and conditions.
It was a fair test and I had a good reason to be maximum objective, becouse both guns was mine.And trust me I would prefer hundred times to build classic guns,they are so much more easy.
My conclusion was that the roller shoots at 9 meters exacly the same way like the normal gun at 7 meters.Two meters advantage is verry serious on my opinion.
I have only one question that you still have not answered and that is why I am very skeptical of the results you posted. Where were you aiming when you were shooting at 6m, 7m and 8 meters? What was the shaft drop?

I have no doubt that you can power up a roller to extreme speeds, but with all the rollers I have tried ... the more you push the shaft velocity, the lower the gun shoots. If you have to aim way above the fish to be able to hit it and have to know how much above the fish to aim at different distance ... well ... it might be ok in the pool, but in the sea it is impossible to gauge distance in clear water ... that is why you need to keep the shaft flying as flat as possible.

I remember before buying and testing your 130 double roller inverted, you had videos shooting 9 meter targets as well, and that also looked very impressive. So if I am a little skeptical it probably is for that reason. I did test some other long rollers since then and to be honest, while they might compete with a 2 banded gun @ 130 ... they all get totally blown away when you go 3 bands and 8.5mm shaft on a well designed classic gun. It is not even close.
spearq8 is online now   Reply With Quote