View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #58
gvontz

Re: Three more blackouts!

A big shout out to Terry for this important effort and the invention of the Freedive Recovery Vest. A few years ago a close diving buddy had a deep water black out and catastrophe was avoided only by the good fortune of having a buddy right there to rescue him. It reminded us of the importance of diving with a buddy, but all too often in the quest for fish we hunt alone. This reality along with two children now as part of my family led me to purchase an FRV from Terry.

While on spring break with the kids in Hawaii I have been diving alone all week but with the FRV. While the FRV is not a replacement for a good buddy, it is an excellent safety advancement for our sport. After using the vest for more than 8 hours I am amazed at how quickly I have acclimated to it. No noticeable drag or change to my diving at all. You do notice it initially when surface swimming but even that quickly goes away. After a little practice it becomes as second nature as using a pressure gauge or diving computer for scuba. Best of all was when my wife asked if is was safe for me to be diving alone - it was great to let her know that I had the FRV. Life is too precious not to protect it. Not to mention making sure you come back home to dive again another day. Terry thanks for the FRV.
gvontz is offline   Reply With Quote