View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #63
JAW

Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post

I have tried my best to spark interest this year, exceeding advertisement and marketing venues offered in years past, Going on to contact individual competitors nationwide by phone.

For your information, the Number one reason people have opted not to participate is because they say the Florida keys is very hard deep diving, which some people are not comfortable with, or unable to complete because of ability.

What about all the teams that you have been refusing to accept the entry fees and forms of for the past two weeks?
I for one have been working seven days a week and happened to miss the very short window from the time paperwork was finally posted to the "deadline" of July 1st as I was out of the country.
I believe your comment on the matter was something like too bad I guess your screwed.
Where was our phone call or email? you and the other tournament organizers know us personally and have all our contact information and knew that after qualifying at the state championship we intended to submit a bid.

From what I've heard, it sounds like the clubs organizing the tournament have their own share of cheating controversy this year, so you might want to stop throwing those stones....

Lastly Adel, (from someone who knows you and is aware you are a much much calmer and nicer person than you appear on the internet), as a representative of the hosting organization you are making your club and this nationals into a joke, and are putting a bad taste into the mouths of many very talented divers, some that were just entering into competitive spearfishing and others who have been around for awhile.

I hope you guys make the right decision at your meeting tonight and decide to allow those teams still attempting to register to do so. It would be a real shame if you do not allow people who would like to compete to register. I am so frustrated with the organization and attitude of the tournament organizers, that there is no way I will compete in this tournament whatever you guys decide.

I'm sure you are working very hard and have the best intentions, but if you are going to be in a leadership position try not to be so publicly confrontational even when others provoke you on the internet or are blatantly in the wrong.

If you want to chat, call me next week, I'll be out on the boat for the next five or six days, and this is the first time I've been on spearboard in a year or two. It isn't likely I will have the time to check back in.

Good luck with Nationals
JW

Last edited by JAW; 07-12-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling
JAW is offline   Reply With Quote