View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 04:07 AM   #55
seal77

Re: Carbon Fin Reviews

Xxone carbon fins is refered to be one of the best on european market.Of cource I dont underestimate Bleutec,Alchemy and other good brands.
There are NO unbreakable carbon fins.Even the highest quality carbon needs special atention,dont step on them,jump or push the bottom with them.I know much more broken carbon blades than fiberglass ones.
Another factor for durability is the pocket.People like pockets with thin ribbs wich makes the fin softer and more comfortable, BUT that encreases the risk of snap in that area.There is a limit wich must not be exeeded.For me the safer choise is to get a soft blade with harder pocket.I like Pathos pockets-extremely light and comfortable,but too thin ribbs to protect the blade enough.There are a lot of broken good blades in the past with such pockets and pathos changed several times formula for the rubber.
My favourite pockets by now are Salvi-4one-extremely ergonomic and balanced pockets.I use Leaderfins carbon blades,medium stiffnes and find them perfect for me.Of cource I have tried better brands and if I dont mach the right stiffnes for me,they perform worce.
Right stiffnes is the main thing that effects on the performance,also the combination between pocket and blade. The rest is just preference between the different prooved brands on the market.
Right stiffnes depends on the weight and strenght of the diver

Last edited by seal77; 07-27-2014 at 04:18 AM.
seal77 is offline   Reply With Quote