View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 04:48 AM   #8
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Re: Belt reel line hookup to polespear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLIAN View Post
A few friends of mine all like to use a short rob Allen bungee between the two. I just use a large snap swivel used in big game fishing and clip it onto the band itself on the rear of loop. Works perfect and I have landed hundreds of fish like this.

I suggest you check for no tangles before every single fish you shoot or you will risk drowning .
I check before the dive, during the dive and often right before the shot . I check with my eyes and my free hand by tracing the line back to the reel to feel for snagss, tangles.
Hey Killian,
Just wondering - do you have a safety dyneema line run inside the band loop, in case the wishbone gets pulled out or band itself pops?
Maybe overkill, since most fish probably wont be pulling with more force than the power of the stretched bands at the loading position anyways.

I'll likely be using one length of Small ID rubber with the plastic inserts, so don't even think I could run dyneema all the way through it and keep it watertight at the same time. I actually don't know how much force a well tied wishbone insert can withstand before breaking or pulling out - might test that on my bench.
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote