View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #37
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

Re: Abacos liveaboard spearfishing trip.

Bahamian,
Thank you for your comments and 8 think your concerns are well intended and worded respectfully so I thank you for that.

Steve has certainly made many trips over the the last 30 years and has introduced many dozens of people to your homeland with a great many of then choosing to return themselves by thier own boat or plane . So I conclude the abacos have benifited by his trips.
As I too know Steve personally I can attest that he practices mindful spearing of fish taking no more than his immediate needs.

Yes there are boats traveling across for hire and allowing people to pay great sums of money to be guided on to reefs to capture fish. I do not support these operations and I oppose them strongly voicing my opinion that they should all stop immediately. These fellas are blatant with thier marketing of these trips and when the law goes looking for them it won't be hard to make a legit case and prosecute.

Please keep up your mission to preserve the bahamas , but please be sure to.target the correct people to avoid a senseless witch hunt that will only degrade tourist relations.

Thank you again for your efforts. When I am in Abaco again soon it would be great to meet and share a Sands/kalik/rum