View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 06:13 AM   #46
Azure Recluse
Another Aussie Spearo

Re: Thoughts on Abellan Albacore 130 vs Bleutec Oceanborn 125 & King Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
I have more BT guns than any other brand gun at home, but the OB 145 is just too much power for that platform and that handle.
Thank you for all that info spearq8. Have you tried the Bleutec Nemesis? That looks like a great platform for 2 x 14mm small ID bands and a 7-7.5mm sigalsub shaft. For some reason, I am a huge sucker for carbon. The other carbon option I'm looking into is the Mythicon Argus.

The fella I spoke to about the Oceanborn used 2 x 16mm bands and a 7.5mm shaft. For a gun of that size, I was very surprised he used such a light setup but he said it worked for him and was its sweet spot. I figured he'd go with 3 bands but who am I to disagree with his opinion, when his boat brought in more fish than mine

If I wanted to pick up a wooden speargun, it would be an Abellan Denton or Albacore 130. Best in its class 100%... the Budak spearguns are also peaking my interest

PS. Sorry to the OP for derailing the thread... I am also in the same boat as you and want to find a gun I'm happy dropping 1-2K on