View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #90
carrasco

Re: Palapas Ventana Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltierdog View Post
There are no two parts to what I'm trying to say and I'm not talking about getting out of crimes
I pay guides and charters $$ to above all to get me back home to my family as I said the coast guard isn't coming for you when you leave our boarders
If you plan to go down to mex and just rent a panga on your own just make sure you are diving within swimming distance of the shore and make sure the guy is a member in good standing in the local co-op. I've been to mex and central america countless times and wish I had outfitters like Tim in all the places I've been. I guess you just gotta experience being in helpless hopeless situations to appreciate some things in life like working safety equipment and VHF radio with a command station on the other end with back up boats ready to rescue you.
But I wouldn't wish any of that on you or anyone for that matter
Perspective and wisdom just come with old age but sometimes discussion boards can help

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-book-extract
Good clarification. Moreover along those lines, I appreciate your Churchill quote which sums up why I posted this in the first place. The truth is that Palapa Ventana fell short of their promise to us and so, I posted about it.

I live for days like these!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote