View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #7
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

Re: Sea_arching for adventure

So in anticipation of this years Spearboard Big Bang Open I put together some of my footage from last years tournament. It was a fun two days with clear water a couple nice fish and some comedy. I don't shoot enough fish to have one of those videos with kill shots every 5 seconds, so If you are looking for one of those videos, you might want to pass on this one.

As I was strapping my Riffe kill knife to my leg I noticed the plastic retention mechanism fall apart. I threw the knife back in my dive bag and decided I would have to go with my little backup on my BCD. I wasn't prepared for the job at hand to say the least. I felt like I was trying to slay a dinosaur with a butter knife.

I am still figuring out the 2 camera technique. I feel it works well with certain situations and helps tell the story like on the black grouper shot, but it fills my laptop up with footage that I already don't have enough time to edit. My gun cam broke off my gun while wrestling the black out of that ledge. Luckily I noticed right away and peeked down into the hole it had fallen. The down side is that I didn't have the gun cam for the cubera and that footage could have been cool.

The yellowjack spot is a fun place to just go and watch all the life. There is a lot of life there and at times it is tough to keep track of it all. Many a sneaky grouper has used the bait cloud as a smokescreen to escape from me there.
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote