View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #3
Trautfel

Re: Kayak Spearing Fort Lauderdale - help me out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaP View Post
Ok for the most part you have to be at least 100yards off the beach or “swimming area to legally spearfish. For example I know of an awesome spot and it’s off the lauderdale by the sea beach or Aka the Oakland ridges. It’s 4 reefs separated by a sandy medium. The first reef is about 50-60yarrds of the coast and extends for about 40-50yards into the ocean and after that are the next reefs. I honestly don’t think a kayak is necessary for those spots and would probably hinder you. But the 4th reef which usually includes most of lobsters might be easy to get to if you had a kayak. The depth for the Oakland ridges won’t usually go past 25ft and is great spearing for about 1.5miles along the coast. I know of the good spots so if you ever trying to get a dive in I’m always down.
Im in Ft Lauderdale for vacation until July 22 and brought my freediving gear / polespear with me and Im available to go out anytime. Im staying close to Oakland ridge/reef and would be interested to go for a shore or boat dive.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Trautfel is offline   Reply With Quote